Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Ruffled Cupcake Shirt

My middle girl turns 6 this coming Friday! I can hardly believe it's been 6 years already!  To celebrate, I wanted to make her a special shirt to wear to school tomorrow (our district has a four-day week, so Thursday is the last day of the week).  I had pinned a shirt from Positively Splendid, and set out to recreate it.  I actually used the ruffle tutorial from her Ruffled Easter Egg shirt instead though.

This was a super easy project--I cut the cupcake liner and candle/number using my Silhouette, and then spent a few more minutes cutting and ruffling.  The end result is cute, and my little girl loves it!  Mommy-win!

McKenna cupcake 3a

Untitled-2

Now I just need to finish baking treats for her to take along with her tomorrow!

This is also project #4 in my "52 Items in 2013" personal challenge.
signature
Linking up at these fabulous parties:
Somewhat Simple125

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is ADORABLE! Look how happy she is :) I have one turning 6 this July, I'll have to remember this idea, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!! Great idea and nicely done!

    ReplyDelete