Friday, November 7, 2008

Halloween, and some sewing

First up, some Halloween outfits! Ashlee and McKenna were Butterfly fairies; I made a simple knit playdress (like the pink dress w/ the elephant posted below!), and then did a ribbon skirt that just tied on. Wings came from the dollar store, and completed the look! For Kenna's dress I modified KS 3607-using the top portion of the shirt, and the bottom portion of the jumper! Ashlee's I used the same method using a Butterick pattern (and I'm too lazy to look up the pattern!).
Braydon was a firefighter. I bought a button up black shirt, and black sweats from Wal-mart, and then used yellow duct-tape to dress them up. I also did a couple patches using my embroidery machine; a firefighter crest, and an american flag. Then we picked up the hat and tool set from the dollar store! It looked very cool, and Braydon loved it!!

Here's the pink dress I was talking about above. It's the modified KS, and embroidery is from

Next up, an itty bitty baby outfit! Size preemie/NB New Conceptions Baby Essentials! Shirt is knit w/ velour accents, pants are matching velour! Oh so cute and teeny!

Another baby outfit I finished today. Romper from Kwik sew 3090. I got to use my new metal dies for my snap press, and I am quite impressed!! Embroidery is from Embilibrary again.

And lastly, earlier this week Ashlee got her first real haircut! She looks like such a big girl now!!! And it's sooo much easier to take care of this way! No more tangles!!!