Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Kindle Pouch

This was one of the funnest projects I've done in awhile.  My niece turns 9 in just a couple weeks, and loves to read, so when I saw the Kindle 6" go on sale a few weeks ago on Amazon, I jumped on it!  But of course I couldn't just send the Kindle to her...it needed a pouch or a case or something!  I searched etsy and google for the perfect pattern, and couldn't find a pattern for a case that suited my needs, so I ended up ordering a book style case from Amazon, and am very pleased with it.  I then focused my search for a pouch pattern, and found the perfect one, from one of my favorite designers, Michelle Patterns.  I used the More Pleated Pouches Pattern found here.  The pattern included instructions and pattern pieces to make several sizes of pouches--I went with the Tall pattern, and it fits the Kindle with the case on perfect!  I used fabric I found at Joanns (part of the Doodles collection), and I think it turned out so cute!!  

Here are a few pics! (Oh, and ignore the scuzzy tile--we are in a rental for a year until we buy a house!)




 I also made her a cute little luggage tag--her big birthday present from her parents in a plane ticket to come visit us this summer, so I thought this was be perfect. I used the Luggage Tags pattern from Birdiful Stitches, which can be found here.

That's it for today! Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment