Thursday, March 21, 2013

McKenna's Pony Birthday Outfit


Every year I try to make my kids a special outfit that they can wear at their birthday party.  When McKenna requested a horse/pony party, I really had no idea what I was going to make.  I looked and looked for cute horse or pony fabric, and couldn't find anything that really spoke me.  I was almost to the point of just buying something when I had a sudden pinsiration!

I came across that skirt on Pinterest, and knew it would be perfect!  I grabbed an old pair of McKenna's jeans (one that had holey knees), and a scissors, and away I went. It turned out so cute!!  I pretty much followed the tutorial I linked above, minus all the cute buttons.  The bow I made following another tutorial--I can't remember which one I used, but if I find it again, I'll update this post.

For her shirt, I used a white tee-shirt that I picked up at Walmart for $1 on the clearance rack, and my Silhouette plus heat transfer vinyl.  It's a little complicated doing designs that require layering, but the result is so worth it!

Isn't she the cutest?


If Spring ever decides to arrive I may be taking a scissors to some more of the girls' jeans! They both have several pairs that have holes in the knees, and this is just so much cuter than patches!

Project #7 in my 52 in 2013 personal sewing challenge!
signature

125

No comments:

Post a Comment