Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Emmy with a Twist


Surprise! Another Emmy for Cecelia!  Ok, so maybe it's not that surprising, haha!  I just love this pattern so much.  In case you missed my other posts about it, it's the Fishsticks Designs Emmy pattern (which is now retired).  It's such a simple, yet cute top, and is the perfect Spring outfit when paired with leggings. 


To make this one a bit different, I tried something new--a little bow (really a twist) in the bodice. It was really simple to do, but it adds just the right amount of sweetness to the dress.  I think it's pretty self-explanatory on how I did it, but if there is any interest I may do a quickie tutorial.


Lots of pics because I can't get enough of this sweet baby! She is such a blessing to our lives--each day is so much better with her in it.  


I love this last pic of Cecelia and Braydon.  He is the best big brother anyone could ask for--so patient and kind. It's amazing to see the bond between siblings--one of the best parts of being a parent.  My heart sings when I catch moments like this.


Today is day 2 of Kids Sewing Week--I'm hoping to get some shorts cut out and sewn for the two oldest girls today--wish me luck!
This is also project 13 in my personal 52 in 2013 Challenge!
Happy Crafting!
signature

Linking up to these great parties!

http://www.sumossweetstuff.com/
http://www.thetraintocrazy.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment