Thursday, March 10, 2011

Laundry Room progress (2)

I wanted to post an update on our laundry room--it's coming together soo nice! All the labor intensive stuff is done..new floor, beadboard, chair rail and base trim. The floor has even been cleaned, waxed and buffed thanks to my amazing hubby! (Flooring is Armstrong VCT tile in Classic Black and Cool White). We moved the washer and dryer upstairs a little over a week ago, and I am in heaven! Main floor laundry is soooo much better than having to go downstairs! Love love love! It was definitely worth all the work that has gone into it (mostly by hubby--not me!)

A few pics...

Looking in the door:
IMG_5692

IMG_5691

New cabinets, shelf from Menards, and glass canisters from Target. I used my Silhouette to make the Vinyl lettering. :)

IMG_5694

New toilet!

IMG_5693

I made the wreath--it's burlap, a cheap dollar store wicker wreath, and hot glue! I am hoping to post a little how-to in the next day or two. The frame was once gold, and had a nice Tuscan scene framed in it. I removed the glass, and picture, and spray painted the frame matte aluminum. LOVE!

IMG_5697

I posted about this pictures and this vinyl here.

We want to put a utility sink, mirror, and lightstrip in this corner eventually...
IMG_5700

And Dustin is also planning on putting in a countertop to the right of the dryer, so I will have a folding area! I can't wait! But for now it's useable, and that's the most important thing. It makes doing laundry just a teensy bit easier, lol.

A few notes:
Wall color: Key Lime Pie from Dutchboy
Beadboard color: Grey Whisper from Dutchboy
Flooring: VCT tile from Armstrong, Classic Black, and Cool White
Linking up to these parties:

3 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I love the Key Lime Pie paint color, and the saying on the wall.

    I'm your newest follower! Loving the wreath and want to see the tutorial if you do one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JoDee! Your new laundry room looks charming! The colors coordinate so well!

    Enjoy that new floor! :)

    Kim from Armstrong Flooring

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish my laundry room looked that good! Great job!

    ReplyDelete