Monday, August 22, 2011

Jackson's Monster 2nd Birthday Party

Well, it's been forever and a day since I've blogged, but I wanted to share with you all the party we threw my newly turned 2-year old son this weekend!

I had a lot of fun with his theme, and while I could have done so much more, I think it all came together awesomely! :)

First I started with his invite:

Jackson's 2nd Birthday blog copy


I used photoshop to put it together, and these monster graphics from mygraphico.com.

Then I had to make him a special shirt to match! ;)

IMG_7588

I used the Rockin' Raglan patter from Fishsticks Designs to make the shirt (using grey interlock from JoAnn's, and part of an orange halloween tee from my older sons' closet!), and then I appliqued the monster on--I created the applique from one of the monsters from mygraphico--it is super easy to do, and I love the look!

IMG_7591

I even sewed on a matching mama-made tag!

IMG_7592

Now we move onto the actual party!

IMG_7607_1

IMG_7609_1

IMG_7639

His cake--I made the cake, and my husband actually did the decorating!! He covered it with fondant--his first time ever, and I think he did a terrific job! I made the toppers using my Silhouette SD machine.

IMG_7627

IMG_7625

For the cupcake toppers, I used the same graphics as the invite--I imported them into my Sihouette software and turned them into print-and-cut files--LOVE my Silhouette so much and all that it is capable of!

IMG_7612_1

A little collage I made in Photoshop and then stuck into a cheap Walmart frame and attatched a cute little monster!

IMG_7616_1

Pinata I made using the tutorial from Infarrantly Creative. So easy and the kids love it! I buy candy from the Dollar Tree and the streamers too--total cost--$6. Can't beat that! I used my Silhouette again to cut out the monster on the front.

IMG_7617_1

M&M's, an old salsa jar and more monster cut-outs.

IMG_7618

Jack's present from us (bubble lawn mower)--I jazzed up the plain green wrapping paper by printing out some of the monsters on sticker paper and then cutting them with my Silhoutte.

IMG_7628

Banner made by my awesome future sister-in-law (I hope at least!).

IMG_7637_1

Chocolate covered marshmallows on lolli sticks. Buckets are from Target dollar section, and I hot glued on googly eyes. Super easy and effective! The kids loved these!

IMG_7633_1 copy

IMG_7629_1

My birthday boy!!

IMG_7686_1

IMG_7694_1

I had a great time with this party, and so did my little guy! I still can't believe my baby boy is two! I can't wait to see how he grows and changes over the next year!!

Linking up to these great parties!






border="0" href="http://tatertotsandjello.blogspot.com"
target="_blank">src="http://hadfield.smugmug.com/photos/825895175_xmTVA-O.jpg"
alt="Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap
up party!" />



http://bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com/2011/08/crafts-for-under-twenty-somethings_24.html

2 comments:

  1. This is a totally adorable party! I love everything about it! I will be featuring it on my blog tomorrow for Three Things Thursday- thanks for sharing! Drop by and check it out-

    Valerie- www.occasionallycrafty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. If you get a chance I would love you to link your monster party up to More the Merrier Monday. It lasts through Wednesday so you have plenty of time to stop by. See you there. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete