For the last month, our laundry room makeover has consumed all of my hubby's time. It has been a huge undertaking. It was by far the worst room in this house when we moved in, and has been sitting untouched for the past 6 months. It was so bad, I never could bring myself to take a before pic..which I am kicking myself now for! So instead, I'll have to settle with posting a series of progress pics.
This has been my inspiration pic for the whole room:
Here's the first pic I took of the laundry room--this is looking inside the door:
The "original version" had a stand-up shower in the corner that was literally black. A nasty toilet and sink, a very old, dated mirror, faux wood vinyl flooring, and lots of track shelving. The walls were a pale yellow--painted at least 10 years ago, and wall paneling half way up each wall. It was ugly to say the least.
Our first step was to completely remove everything--the shower, the toilet, the shelves, the flooring, the sink, etc. It all went.
The floor beneath the toilet was completely rotted, so Dustin had to redo all the subflooring there, and there was also mold behind where the stand-up shower had been, so that sheetrock had to be replaced too. Then he had to lay down new underlayment to prep for the new floor. We painted--top is Key Lime Pie from Dutchboy, and put up real wood beadboard (painted Grey Whisper from Dutchboy). Then the new floor went in (Black and White VCT tile from Armstrong--same as in my kitchen--it now runs from the kitchen, to the entryway, and into the laundry room). This weekend he put up new baseboard trim, chair rail, and new outlets. Oh, and he also hung up a set of cabinets! The washer and dryer will go underneath the cabinets, and to the right he is putting in a countertop so I have a folding area! We also have plans of putting in a utility sink, and a new toilet. It is coming along so great! I want it too look sort of modern-vintage--I can't wait to find some fun pieces to decorate with!
So, here it is today:
I used my Silhouette SD to make the vinyl wall decor.
For these prints, I spray painted thrifted frames white, and got the vintage laundry tips from here. (I edited the colors in photoshop to fit my color scheme better).
Hopefully this next weekend we will get the floors waxed, and then we can move in the washer and dryer! I can't wait--right now they are in the basement--I am looking forward to having main floor laundry again.
Linking up to the Crafty Cutter party at Serenity Now