Thursday, July 12, 2012

Chevron Quilt for baby girl

So this actually wasn't made by me--but by my husband! I'm a fairly decent seamstress, and can make all sorts of clothes, diapers, etc--but quilting is a whole different ballgame! I have attempted a few quilting projects, and have found I can't cut or sew straight when it comes down to it, haha! Clothing is much more forgiving.

So I enlisted my wonderful hubby's help to make this quilt happen.  First I found  a pattern that I liked--the Ziggy Baby quilt from Cluck, Cluck, Sew.



Then I had to choose the fabrics--with no fabric stores local, I had to order online. I used Fabric.com, and they have a really handy tool that allows you to select different fabrics and view the swatches together.  Using that tool, I picked out some Kona solids--a pink, yellow, and white for the chevrons, and a print from Riley Blake's line called Sunny Happy Skies for the backing.

When my fabric arrived I prewashed, and then let hubby take over. He did all the cutting, piecing and quilting.  It took him about 2 evenings to complete.  I then squared it up, and did the binding.  I love that so much love was poured into the making of this quilt, and I hope it's something she treasures for a long time. :)


Pink & Yellow Chevron Quilt
Pink & Yellow Chevron baby quilt
Pink & Yellow Chevron Quilt 2
Backing--from Riley Blake's "Sunny Happy Skies" line

No comments:

Post a Comment