Friday, April 3, 2009

I've been itching to start summer sewing, but with this crazy South Dakota weather it's been hard to really feel motivated. We just got hit w/ snow again earlier this week, and they are calling for more this weekend. Ugh. I'm so ready for summer!!

I did make a couple of things for the girls; hopefully they don't have to wait too much longer to wear them!

First, is the "Strawberry Tunic" from Ottobre 03/2008. Love this top--goes together easily, and looks cuter than just a basic t-shirt. I used my favorite chicadee colorway--I've been hanging onto this fabric for months now, and I am so happy I cut into it!! I had just enough to get this top, and a pair of shorts for Kenna--will post pics of those as soon as I figure out a top to go with them!

Anyways, here's the tunic, in size 104 for Ashlee, and a little modeling shot. She will not smile for the camera anymore, so I got the best shot I could!


Next, a dress for McKenna--I've made several of these now, and they never get old. They are quick to sew, and make great summer play-dresses! This is from Ottobre 03/2007, #15 Knit Dress. I made a size 92 for Kenna this year. I used my most favoritest fabric ever! Mad Sky Organic Hearts--such a nice fabric weight, and I love love love the print. I've been hanging onto this one forever too; and I was actually sad to cut into it, but I know I'll love seeing on McKenna more than seeing it sit in my cupboard!




And of course, more baby sewing. I'm halfway through my pregnancy now--time seems to be flying! I still have a ton of diapers I need to finish up, but sewing bitty clothes is so much funner!
I did a bunch of sleepers this week. All are from Kwik Sew, Sewing for Babies. All are size small, which is 0-3 months. I love how fast these go together--from cutting to finish is about 45 min.









And lastly, another onesie--I'm not super thrilled w/ this Dr. Suess knit, but I ordered two yards from a coop, so I'm kinda stuck using it! Onesie pattern is from Ottobre 05/06, in 0-3 months.

1 comment:

  1. you are really inspiring me to get sewing clothes for my kiddies - your outfits are beautiful!!

    Dee
    x

    ReplyDelete