Friday, July 25, 2014

KCW Days 3 & 4

Hey all!  My Kids Clothes Week challenge is not going as well as I had hoped, but I've still managed to get a little sewing done! Day 2 I made a nightgown for Kenna (no pics, it's in the wash already!), and Days 3 & 4 I worked on a fall outfit for Cecelia--even though it's 110 degrees out today!  :)

I'm sharing pics of that outfit today.  The patterns are from Ottobre 01/2009.  If you haven't heard of Ottobre, you are missing out. It is a wonderful magazine chock full of kids patterns.  It's european based, so the sizing is a bit different, and tracing the patterns can be a bit confusing, but the fit is always great, and the end results are always beautiful.  I used patterns #6 and #8 for this outfit, and the fabric is all from Joann's. The jumper is fine cord, and quilter's cotton for the back lining, and the undershirt is cotton interlock with white ribbing for the trim.  I appliquéd a big flower design onto the jumper for a little bit of added fun.  Overall, I'm super happy with how this turned out! I made a size 92cm, and it's a smidge big on Cecelia yet, but that's probably a good thing since she won't wear it for a few months!  




Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. That is adorable!!! It looks so professionally made, too! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete