Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Kids Clothing Week Day 1

Hey all!  This week I'm participating in the Kids Clothes Week (KCW) challenge! The challenge is to sew one hour a day for your kids.  This week is crazy busy with swimming lessons, kindergarten prep for my youngest son, tumbling for the girls, doctors appointments, and just the regular chaos of life.  But I'm hoping to get my hour in each day--maybe more if time allows!

Yesterday I eeked out my hour. I chose a quickie pattern, as I knew my time was really limited--the Rio Racerback from Peek-a-Boo patterns--one of my go-to's for this summer.  I know many of the KCW participants are working on fall sewing, but since we live in the desert we have quite a bit of summer left!  So I'm still in tank and shorts mode. :)

I made a size 8 for Ashlee, using a thrifted ladies tee as the main fabric.  I used purple interlock from my stash for the trim, and for the mountain appliqué.  The Rio is a super fast sew, and the results are so cute! Couple pics from our super fast photo session last night--we barely made it before dark!




Happy Sewing this week!




1 comment:

  1. Great job! Your daughter is so pretty and that sky...WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete