Wednesday, August 24, 2011

These are a few of my favorite...

ROOMS! :)

Thought I would just share a couple of my favorite rooms in my house so far. Both rooms are from from d-o-n-e, so keep that in mind. :)

First, my favorite room by far is my kitchen. It combines my favorite colors--red & aqua, and the best part is that we have done all the work in there ourselves. I know I've shown before pics on here before, but here's a quick reminder...

Before:
Kitchen before

And as it looks today:
Kitchen5

Kitchen4

Kitchen3

Kitchen2

Kitchen1

We put in new flooring--Armstrong VCT tile in Classic Black and Cool White, new countertops using white subway tile (my hubby's first tile job! He did an amazing job!), painted the cabinets white, and the walls aqua, new appliances, new hardware, sink, and faucet, and then I made the curtains. I still want to paint the window trim white, and we need baseboard trim, but I love how it's turing out so much!!

My second favorite room in my house, is our master bedroom. I haven't finished decorating yet though, so it's a work in progress--I need throw pillows, and art on the walls--I have ideas, just need time and money to implement! :)

For a color scheme, I went with the uber orginal (can you hear the sarcasm?) YELLOW & GRAY!

Bedroom1

Bedroom2

Bedroom3

I used a stencil from Cutting Edge stencils for the wall behind the bed, which really turned the wall into a work of art. My talented husband built our bed--the Farmhouse Bed from Ana White, and then I painted it white, distressed, and glazed. LOVE how this turned out soooo much. I repainted our nightstands white to match, and got a new coverlet from Target.

Hopefully I will finish this room up completely and have more pics to show later!

And lastly, not a room, but my favorite wall in my house--my faux board and batten wall:

Board&Batten

You can read how I did it here.

So that's it! Thanks for taking a sneak peek into my home!

No comments:

Post a Comment