Friday, August 26, 2011

Pinterest, how I love thee...

If you haven't heard of Pinterest by now, you must be living under a rock! It is such an awesome site for crafting, decorating, DIY, party planning, etc. It is my newest, and best! addiction! :)

Today I knocked off a couple projects that I had pinned earlier this week.

First...my knifeblock makeover:

Saw this...
kknife131677943_jLGtb2lV_c

Made this...
Untitled-1

Love it! I started off by sanding it, then primed it with 2 coats of Krylon primer, and then topped it with 3 coats of Krylon Ocean Breeze. I'm not sure if I want to leave it as is, or rough it up with some sandpaper..or maybe add some vinyl like the pin. I'm gonna let it sit on the counter and stew on it a few days..in the meantime, it's a great improvement over the ugly pine block it was! Any suggestions would be great though!

So, the next pin I copied...

Saw this...
118067747_i6kh7cwK_c

Made this...
IMG_7840

Again, love! Wish I had some ligher orange spray paint--but Rustoleum gloss orange was all I had on hand...I do have more jars..so I may end up doing some lighter ones too! I used my Silhouette to cut out vinyl for the faces. Super easy, super cute!

Now I need to surf through my pins and find some more great projects to replicate! :)

Happy Weekend everyone!

Linking up to:

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap   up           party!

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE the blue...i also painted my knife block black to match my cabinets...no initial though...i don't have a silhouette but i have one saved in my amazon account...i've been searching around for a few days comparing it to the cricut...i think i will be ordering soon!

    ReplyDelete