Sunday, April 27, 2008

Another one!


I'm loving making T-shirts!!! I think I've found a new addiction! Friday we got PUMMELED with snow--at least 18 inches, with drifts up to 2-3 feet. Crazy snow, like nothing I've ever seen before! But Saturday, I begged hubby to take me to Sioux Falls to go fabric shopping. The interstate opened back up (it shut down the night before b/c of the snow!) around 12:00 noon--and we were on our way!!!! That's how much I NEEDED some solid colored knits!! We made is safe and sound, and I did quite the damage on the old checkbook. Not having any fabric stores local, I have to stock up when I get the chance! I got some great stuff though--some of the new Amy Butler line, a few new things from Moda, some knits, a few other various wovens, thread, and even a couple patterns! All in all a great day for me!!! LOL! I know have lots of new knit combos to make some more summer Tee's for the kids! Yea!!!

3 comments:

  1. Ok, random but I've been reading your posts since I saw you on DS--I'm in the far SE corner of the state and my brother lives in in Watertown. ANYWAY...I just wanted to ask if you've been to Mill End in Sioux Falls. Great fabrics at amazing prices. I've gotten some gorgeous Osh Kosh & Carters knits there.

    You do great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way, my brother said that they got 19 inches in Watertown. That's just crazy. We got some snow but no accumulation to speak of. It snowed all day and most of it melted right away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! And I had major typo on that post that I fixed! I said 8 inches, and meant 18 inches!! Yes, we got snow!! I've never seen anything like it. I grew up in the SE corner of Iowa--no freak snow storms while I lived there! LOL!

    I've never been to Mill End--I've seen it, but we usually go to Heirloom Creations and then Hancocks. Next time were are in SF, I'll have to check out! I can't resist fabric! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete