Friday, April 25, 2014

Rio Racerback and 30 Minute Shorts for Cecelia

I can't stop sewing for Cecelia--it is seriously an addiction! I love that she has no say in what I make, and that each item takes so little fabric! She is the perfect age to sew for--and the best part is, she LOVES clothes.  She gets so excited for each new item, and always runs to Daddy to show them off right away.  It melts my heart.  :)

 Yesterday I whipped up a new little outfit for her--and when I say whipped, I mean it.  It took me less than 2 hours to make a tank and shorts...and that was with photographing for a tutorial!  I used the Rio Racerback Tank & Dress pattern from Peek-a-Boo patterns, and the 30 Minute Shorts Pattern from Lily Bird Studio.  The shorts fabrics are from JoAnns--the main print is from the Doodles line of children's apparel fabrics, and the polka dot is from the novelty quilting cottons section.  The tank is navy interlock, and pink cotton lycra for the binding.  I cut out one of the flowers from the shorts print and appliqued it onto the tank.  
Both of these are quick sews, but still produce amazing end garments.  The fit on both patterns is great--I made a 3T in each, and they fit Cecelia perfectly (who wears a 3T at 18 months...).
Now if only she loved taking pictures as much as new clothes! She is such a little stinker as soon as the camera comes out! Either she's running from me, or running to me because she wants to see the screen!  But at least she looks adorable in her mama made. :)

Have a great weekend!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment