Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Hannah Design-Ruffle top and Bloomers

Hope everyone had a Happy Easter! 

Today I wanted to share the outfit I made my littlest for Easter this year.  The pattern is from "My Little Plumcake" on Etsy, and it is called the Hannah Design--Ruffle top and bloomers.

Over all, the pattern was pretty simple to sew.  The fabric I chose is from Riley Blake's Matroshyka line.  I used my ruffler foot to make the ruffles on the bloomers, and that made things so much simplier than gathering!  I will definitely be using that more!


I plan to make a couple more sets from this pattern for summer.  I made the 12 month size, and there is plenty of growing room without it looking monstrously huge.  Cecelia has been wearing 12-18 months in ready to wear clothing (even though she's just 7 months!), so the sizing seems to run pretty true to that.


The only changes I will need to make are moving the ruffles up. I followed the pattern insturctions, and the ruffles are on the back of her thighs instead of on her butt--so when she is sitting, she sits on the ruffles.  I would rather have them show on the back on her rump! :)


Here's a pic of my little chunker and I on Easter! She looked pretty cute!

And a group shot of my adorable kiddos!

Project #8 in my 52 in 2013 personal sewing challenge

Have a great week everyone!


signature

No comments:

Post a Comment