Saturday, January 29, 2011

Coffee table makeover

This came out so much better than I even imagined. Last week one day I was asked by a Facebook friend for some ideas on a blank wall in her house. For some reason, I immediately thought of the yellow sideboard/dresser at The Pleated Poppy:

IMG_6616

And then once I pulled it up again, I couldn't get the color out of my head...and I also realized that I have a dresser VERY similar sitting in the girls' room! So I decided I NEEDED mustard yellow paint. Then I remembered that we also had a matching coffee table to our end tables downstairs, and suddenly it hit me that mustard yellow would look great in the living room w/ the aqua and purple. The next day I drove to town, and picked up some paint (the color is Sunflower by Colorplace, but I had it color matched to Dutchboy dimensions), and set to work. I started with the coffee table b/c it was easier, and lighter. :) And I'm so glad I did! It adds so much to the living room, and I all around just love it! I snapped a few pics to show you the process.

original and primer

paint and glaze

In place in the living room: (I know the pics aren't the best--the morning light wasn't working with me, and I was too busy to retake them...)

IMG_5025

I luuurve how much glazing adds to a piece.

IMG_5022

I even made a new runner for it already! :) More on that tomorrow or Monday!

Happy Weekend everyone!

Linking this up to the Weekend wrap up at Tatortots and Jello

1 comment: