Monday, January 24, 2011

I'm building a wall...

ok, not REALLY, but sort of! ;) I'm in the middle of putting together a gallery wall for my living room.
This was the wall before: (taken right after we painted a few months ago...purple is a Valspar color--sweet plum I think)

wall-before

That blank wall has been staring at me everyday for months. I knew I wanted something fun and dramatic on it...but just wasn't sure what. Then one day, I came across this image on a blog:

(I have no idea what blog I found this on--if it is yours, please LMK and I'll give you credit!)

gallery wall

And BINGO! I knew what that huge wall needed! A gallery wall! It was brilliant! So I started collecting thrifted frames and interesting objects to hang. And then I spray painted them aqua or turqoise. I've had a pile of things sitting in the corner of my living room for a few weeks now, so yesterday I decided it was time to just start hanging them, even though I don't have quite enough yet.

I'm happy with how it's coming along though! And it really makes the purple wall pop now. I can't wait to find more things to hang! I definitely want a large letter P too somewhere in the mix. What do you think?

IMG_4905

Now that I'm looking at it 'from afar' I think everything needs to be smushed closer together...it is such a big wall, I think I was trying to take up too much area with not enough...so I may be filling nail holes and painting this week, lol. Oh well, live and learn! I still love the idea, and think it works...just needs to be executed right.

Oh, and I have to share these sweet little birdies that a friend sent me! They are actually salt and pepper shakers from Pier 1--they are $3 for the set! Aren't they sweet!? I love them so much! Thanks Jenn!

IMG_4914 copy

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, just saw your comment over on Infarrantly Creative and had to "follow" you when I saw your purple wall, my favorite color! I've wandered around here for a few minutes and I'm loving your projects. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this wall you did.. FYI the inspiration wall is from http://www.thenester.com/

    ReplyDelete