Wednesday, January 19, 2011

TV Console Redo

This is seriously one of my favorite projects EVER. It turned out so much better than I even imagined it would, and will be one of my favorite pieces of furniture for a very long time!

A few months ago, I stumbled upon an awesome little blog called "
Infarrantly Creative" and came across a post where she took an old console TV headed for the dump, and turned it into this amazing console table! I was floored, and immedietly started looking for an old TV!

A couple months later, and with some big help from my husband, we finally had our TV! Even hubs was excited about this project--which was good, b/c I needed him for the dirty work! Gotta love a man who can work power tools (and someday I really need to learn to use them myself!).

So, here is what we started with: (We paid $5 for it!)

IMG_4451

Next, hubby took out the TV:

IMG_4460

And then he added a false bottom and a couple shelves using a Kreg-Jig and some scrap wood.

IMG_4467

Then we sanded, primed and painted: (paint color is a Color Place color called Azule--and was leftover from my old kitchen, so again, free!)

IMG_4486

Then I grabbed some sandpaper and started distressing it:

IMG_4489

IMG_4491

Then I grabbed my secret weapon....

IMG_4496

Glaze! And turned awesome into awesome-er!
IMG_4515

This was our old $20 walmart bookshelf:
IMG_4499

Doesn't this look so much better!! And the best part, it cost around $15--I spent $5 on a new piece of backer board, and "splurged" on new knobs that cost $4 a piece. And it looks like a million bucks!

Few more pics:

IMG_4521

After2

Don't you just love it!? I can't help but smile everytime I see it--it's the perfect touch to the living room!

No comments:

Post a Comment