Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Amy Butler Nappy Bag


I finished!! Yippee!! I'm really proud of how this turned out. I haven't been sewing for long, and most of what I've done lately is diapers for McKenna. This is the first thing I've made w/ "designer" fabric (Amy Butler, Lotus series), so I was a little nervous, but all in all it turned out well!! Very functional, and stylish, if you ask me!! LOL! I also made the changing pad, which is what's poking out in the picture there, but gave up on the changing pad storage case when saw it called for buttonholes. For some reason, my machine and I don't see eye to eye when doing them, and I didn't feel like engaging in an hour or two battle, that I would eventually lose. Instead, I walked away from my sewing maching happy! Dustin seems to have a knack for the buttonholes, so maybe I can con him into doing them for me later tonight!
So, here's my new bag, in all it's glory!!!

4 comments:

  1. wow! that is NICE! I have a sewing machine and its just sitting there, i really need to start sewing, but im so intimidated by the machine!!

    sorry to rant on, GOOD JOB!! and kenna is so CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I really really like it! Do you feel like it is a good size for your dipes?
    Shorty

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bag is AWESOME!! Great job! That is one thing I'm to afraid to tackle is any kind of bags. Love the colors and patterns on it;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog and it'd very motivating. Now if I could just quit looking at everything everyone else is making and get to work myself! Thanks for sharing all your creations!

    ReplyDelete