Monday, October 1, 2007

R.I.P.

We have a a 75 gallon saltwater aquarium. It is totally Dustin's pride and joy, but I really love it too. I've always loved the ocean, and this is about as close as I'm going to get for awhile!! LOL!
Anyways, today I discovered that we have some murderous tankmates.....


A few weeks ago, we added a new memeber to our tank, an Orange spotted watchman goby. He disappeared a few days ago, and we chalked it up to natural causes.

Well, I think I've changed my mind. We also have a sally lightfoot crab, and a serpant sea star. We feed the sea star occassioal chunks of raw shrimp, but nothing daily. I guess we need to start. Today, I found the crab happily munching away at the remains of a snail, and the sea star had his tentacles wrapped around the snail shell. Looks like we have a serial killer team on the loose. A couple days ago there were the remains of hermit crab (just legs left...) in the sand; couple that w/ the disappearing Goby, and now the snail, it's not hard to figure out what's happening.

Now we just have to figure how to solve the problem......

So, this one goes out to "Goldie" the goby, the un-named snail, and the un-named hermit crab...You'll be missed my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment